System Applications Developer
Itavio is redefining the way mobile gaming and families interact. We’re helping parents, children, and game studios interact and build the trust that drive good business and great relationships. We’re pretty awesome. No, seriously.
Itavio is hiring to further our system development and work build upon our existing SDKs.
We are looking for a developer with deep knowledge of algorithms and data structures that's highly productive and experienced in building high-powered, highly scalable, and highly trafficked software platforms.
You have to be hands on developer with leadership qualities. You are passionate about taking user interface designs and bringing them to life with clean and elegant code. You keep on top of the leading edge of mobile technologies, and development standards while being able to develop great customer facing products. You are creative, focused, results-oriented, and are a resourceful problem solver. You thrive when working at a rapid pace in a creative environment.
- Being a code ninja. (Not like the cheesy “American Ninja” type, but the really cool ones)
- Build out continuous integration, BDD test environment, and system provisioning scripts.
- Work with frontend developers to find ways to push the limits of existing Web technology in service of creating the best possible user experience.
- Create mobile applications that will be used by millions
- Create quality code that is maintainable and testable
- Participate in code reviews and trainings
- Collaborate with others
- Help estimate the work effort at different levels (project, story, iteration, release)
- Work in an ever changing and adjustable environment putting your best foot forward, without compromising on quality
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Passionate about mobile technologies and coding the right way
- Strong CS fundamentals with a passion for functional programming
- Strong Scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc...)
- UNIX/Linux background and familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and network protocols. Familiarity with data serialization formats like XML, JSON, Thrift, Avro, and Protocol Buffers
- Experienced Java or Scala Developer – we will train you in Scala if you haven’t worked with it before
- Big Data Technology understanding with Hadoop experience
- NoSQL, Postgres, Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, or Couchbase usage or tinkering
- Must be able to clearly communicate technical challenges to business units
- Must have exceptional attention-to-detail
- Experience with git
- Preferred exposure of wire formats like JSON, XML
- Primary knowledge of database design and data structures
Nice to Have Skills
- Reactor, Actor, Supervisor Pattern Knowledge
- Hive, Pig, or Impala experience
- Kafka, RabbitMQ, or ZeroMQ
- Familiar with Chef for packaging and deployments
- Akka experience
- Clojure / Erlang / Node.js experience
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
We’ve rhymed off a bunch of advanced technologies but don’t be intimidated. Be excited. These are the tools that you could get to learn and use. We’re looking for talent. Period. If we see talent in you, we’ll invest.
We’re a start-up company so things can be loosey-goosey at times but we’re working towards offering a great benefits package. At the moment we can offer the following:
- Flexible hours and some work from home
- Stock options
How to Apply
Just email your resume and cover letter (yes, you really should do one) to email@example.com